Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Diagnosis

January 20

So after some conversations with a few friends, I decided that I may as well come clean and 'fess up....

Just before Christmas, I was diagnosed with Stage 3a lung cancer. For this past month I have been jumping through hoops, having a CT, a biopsy, a PET scan and this coming Thursday I see an oncologist...
Chemo is what has been suggested as my course of treatment.

I am not afraid, I've been down this road with my grandparents. The hardest part, I think, is watching friends and family come to grips with this.

Online I go by Sisu... Sisu is a Finnish word that means gutsy, strong, determined and stubborn... Most definitely me... I intend to live up to my nickname and not only fight but win with every ounce of energy that I have...

The comment I made to a friend is that this is like a roller coaster ride ( and I love roller coasters ) ... Do you know how I ride roller coasters? By throwing my arms up in the air and screaming "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" So, if any of you are interested in coming along for the ride... I appreciate any and all support and prayers...

Karin (aka ~ Sisu )

3 comments:

  1. I am riding along all the way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom here on this ride with you sisu. Yup, will have more pictures on her next chemo treatment day. Gotta keep them going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my support...just reading this page for the first time today. Positive thoughts and prayers are with you SISU...I wondered where that name came from and now I know. Love to you on this journey....Lorraine Harcek

    ReplyDelete