Thursday, February 20, 2014

A BOOHOO Day

February 7

Update: Yesterday was my BOOHOO, Oh pitiful me day... You're looking at a person who rarely goes to see a doctor.. So this intense schedule of doctors and or tests has been frustrating AND annoying... So as I said.. It was just a BOOHOO kind of day... Today... I'm soooo over that... it is what it is... So.... next week, Monday morning I have my port installed... Tuesday afternoon I meet with the Chemo nurses to discuss the procedure, Wednesday is my first round of Chemo...

I met with the social worker... her services are free... I also met with the nutritionist, she is also a free service... Got lots of information from her... I don't eat enough fruits or veggies... that's probably my biggest downfall... So what fruits do you eat?, she asked... Um, I like bananas, blueberries, strawberries, red and black raspberries... That's great, she says... how about oranges? Uh, no... Apples? Again I shake my head no... Grapes... eh.. they're okay I guess, I reply... Pears? Oh HELL NO! I say! My sister... who went with me... asks if I like Peaches.... Umm, I like Peach Schnapps... does that count? I asked.... They thought that was hilarious.... I was freaking serious!!!!!! *sigh..... My sister said she was going to go to mom and tell on me....

After the meeting with the social worker... she directed me to the receptionist at the front desk... Started chit chatting with her... Let's see, by the time I left... I had filled out a form for a voucher for a free wig... Signed up for a yoga class...also free.... and hey.. I've always wanted to look like a pretzel anyways... Signed up for a "Look Good, Feel Better" class... They teach us make up tricks and how to look healthy instead of looking like a cancer patient...  Not only is the class free... but I get a free make up kit too.... ( although honestly, I'd be tickled pink with clown make up! lol )

After being at the cancer center for a couple of hours... my sister and I finally got to leave... as we were driving away I told my sister that Tuesday when I go in... I'm going to have to tell everyone there to stop being so stinking nice... It almost makes having a cancer diagnosis... good... Seriously though... it is a great place and I am sooooo glad that that is where I go!

Hugs to all....
Karin


So the rest of my BOOHOO story... Have to take my daughter today to the doctor... Since Sunday she hasn't been feeling all that great... Last night at her winterguard practice... She spoke like a dummy... No, she's not dumb... I mean like a dummy that sits on your lap..a ventriloquist kind of dummy... She has a major sore throat going on.... Yay.... which is just ducky... I get to drive my car to the doctor today, which hasn't a muffler... Because the dumb thing fell off two miles away from practice last night.... Did I mention? We live about 60 miles away from where she has practice at??? My poor guys had to drive back down and pull the muffler off, they looked like two frozen snowmen when they were done... It was COLD.... in the negatives... with a wind chill... We sounded like a freaking tank.... all the way home last night... and now I get to drive a half hour to get to the doctors... sounding like a tank again... Geesh, at this rate... I'm gonna need hearing aides as well.....

5 comments:

  1. This made me LOL :-) ..... Glad the people at the cancer center are so great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karin, we are here...love your spirit...Barbara and Toni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Toni today when I went for my shot... So happy to see you both here at my blog. I hope to keep in touch with you both... Hugs and prayers to you and Toni!

      Delete