Wednesday, February 19, 2014

George and Gilbert

January 22

So a friend told me that connecting to Mother Earth is good for healing... If you have a plant, she said... take more time with it... talk to it... If you don't have a plant, she said... get one... or two... and take time with them...

*sigh... well alrighty then... I didn't have the heart to tell her that my green thumb is really black... That I am capable of killing a cactus... That I don't have any plants because I'm not to be trusted with them.... Oh dear... what to do.... I wondered if mold would count, because I'm really good at growing mold, just ask any leftover in the refrigerator....

Soooooo, today I stopped and bought two plants... One is a little Ivy plant... I introduced him to my family... I will love him and squeeze him and hug him and I shall call him George, I told my family....My girls just looked at me, shook their heads and said I was weird. My son laughed, nice Looney Toon reference Mom, he said. The other plant is a small rock terrarium that I have to start right from seed... Figured I was safe with that one... If it doesn't sprout, I can blame it as bad seeds... Gilbert... His name is Gilbert...

Think I can water them with coffee?????? ....I'll keep you posted as to how well I do with them....

UPDATE: George is still alive! YAY ME!!  On the other hand, nothing from Gilbert... But hey, no news is good news right? Gilbert might just be a shy one... right????

No comments:

Post a Comment