Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rounds 4 and 5

As I sit here typing the title... Rounds 4 and 5... it makes me think of being in a boxing match... and I guess in a sense I am... In one corner... Me... in the other corner, Cancer... Who will win?? Well of course in my mind... I win every time! It's been a while since I've posted... I've been spending my time regrouping and focusing.. I was approved for disability, had a new CT which shows that my tumor has shrunk somewhat. Those are great things..
I have one more round of chemo to go.. then I'll go on an every three week maintenance plan where I'll receive one of my chemo drugs... My doc feels that the tumor will continue shrinking, so that's great news as well... I cried when I received my letter that said I would receive disability... Through my tears I wailed... "The government thinks I'm going to die.." But as I continued reading my letter I came to a point where it said that I would be re-evaluated in 5-7 years... which at that point I again wailed "but the government thinks I'm going to live another 7 years!!" Lol... Just no pleasing me eh?

 I just want to say that I truly appreciate those of you who are with me on this journey. I appreciate the thoughts, prayers, cards and gifts that you've sent.
Not too mention all your words of encouragement, for drying my tears when they fall... You all help me to continue picking my feet up and keep moving forward. So for now I'll shut up and share with you some selfies... Usually my mom is with me on chemo day but she had something come up and couldn't be with me for last week's chemo. So I ended up taking my picture instead... Peek-A-Boo!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. I never know what to say, so I often say nothing. But I want you to know I read all of your post here and on fb and think of you daily. May you have peace and sunshine as you walk your path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bumming because I had a Doctor's appt and couldn't go with you on this day but my daughter, know that you are always in my mind, heart and prayers. I am so stinking proud of you and the way you are handling this. True SISU form. I'll be there with you for your last round of chemo and we will make that a picture day of everyone we can that day. You are doing great. Mom loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more round of chemo coming up on the 28th. We may have to celebrate big time or do we wait for the lab results to come in to do our cheering. You've been such an inspiration to so many with the way you have sailed through this bump in the road. You've taught so many that bumps can be smoothed right out to continue ones journey. You go girl. I'm with you all the way....

    ReplyDelete