Wednesday, May 28, 2014

LAST ONE and DONE!!!!!!

Last week I saw my oncologist... I was soooooo happy, all my blood work came back looking great! All set to go into my last round of chemo.... Doc asked me how I was feeling.... I looked at her stupidly... "With my hands", I replied.... "I'm curious... how do YOU feel"?.... ahahahahahahaha! I couldn't help myself.. I was giddy! I was happy!! I was EXCITED!!! and I told her so... "I can't wait!!!" I said... "I can't wait to see when my hair will grow back... I can't wait to see what my hair will look like.." Laughing, she told me that I probably wouldn't know much until more towards the end of Summer.. "That's okay," I said... "I'll be watching... and waiting...."

I practically skipped out of the room that day, got into the elevator.... I was the only one in there.... Pushed the button for the first floor... Or did I?.... I waited... could have sworn that stinking elevator went down... The elevator stopped...  or so I thought; doors opened... and out I skip~ um walked... right back on the second floor... I'm still confused, I really swear that elevator went down!!!! and geesh... did I feel like an idiot.... and KNOW that I looked like one!!

This is it!! Today I'm done with chemo!! WOOHOO!!!! .....Because I'm happy ....Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth...Because I'm happy... Clap along if you know what happiness is to you........ Yup! I love that song!! and... best of all... That means that tomorrow is my last stinking shot! Have I mentioned? I HATE THAT SHOT!!!

First Round of Chemo: February 12, 2014

Day 105: Sixth and Final Round of Chemo


Final Round of Chemo: May 28, 2014

Day 1: No Hair Yet!!!

8 comments:

  1. Just read your entire blog tonight. I am SO happy for you!
    You are an inspiration. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, thank you so much! I appreciate the compliment...

      Delete
  2. Let's celebrate by going to see some silly boy band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! My One Direction will be heading south!!!!!

      Delete
  3. I am so happy and excited for you! Karin you absolutely amaze me, you are a true inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy and excited for you! Karin you absolutely amaze me, you are a true inspiration xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you SO MUCH!!!!! ♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twas a great day sharing your last day of chemo with you. I've said it before but I'll repeat myself...I can because I'm old and the elderly forget. You are a truly amazing, brave, inspirational daughter. You have faced this head on and your Father, Grandfather would be so proud of you also. My heart swells in pride for my first born. You are reaching for the stars missy and I thank the good Lord for you everyday. I realize your journey isn't over yet but kiddo, you have come a hard part through and the rest will be chocolate as the topping. Love you very much my daughter.

    ReplyDelete