Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Happy Dancing!

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since my last round of chemo. My hair is coming back... I look like Fuzzy Wuzzy..... I can't wait to see what my hair will look like... Every day I scrutinize myself... yes.. the fuzz isn't so light now... Yes, my hair is soft... My kids will come up to me and rub my head....

"Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear... " they say...  "Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair..." they continue...  "Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy was he??" I finish with a grin.... Think I'm going to tell them to stop? lol, heck NO! I'm getting a scalp massage..... It's heavenly!!!

So last Thursday I went for a new PET scan.... This morning, my oncologist gave me a call....  "Your PET scan is looking great"  she says....  I hold my breath...

"Yes" she continues, "I'm really happy..  The tumor in your right lung has shrunk even more"...  When I started this journey, I had an 8.2 centimeter tumor on my right lung... Today, my doctor tells me that it has shrunk to 6 centimeters...  WOOHOO!!!

I am starting to do the "Happy Dance"!  But that's not all, my doctor says...  The spot on your left lung.... which was .7 centimeters at the beginning.. Had shrunk to .4 centimeters after my 4th round of chemo...  is gone... Yes, you read that right.... For the sake of being boring....
I'll repeat myself...

The cancer in my left lung.... Is GONE!!!!! WHOOT! WHOOT! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget the Happy Dance! I'm Tap Dancing on the ceiling!!! Thank you GOD!!  Thank YOU everyone for all your thoughts and prayers... It is working!!!!

Now 'scuse me.... I have some more dancing to do!!

~Karin aka SISU!



9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! and Dance and Dance and Dance. I'm on my second round of chemo cycles now. I had radiation between the frst and second. My next MRI is 9/19 and I hope to be dancing that day. Now you just keep smiling and dancing. Thank ;you for taking the time to share the hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall say prayers for you too! and NEVER give up hope!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. I truly believe in the power of prayer and science. Together they are strong. I appreciate the prayers so much I can never have enough prayer warrriors on my side. Thank you Sisu

      Delete
  2. I am so stinking proud of you my eldest daughter for the way you have faced this big C. I've said it before and will say it again, your Grandfather and Father would be very proud of you also. You keep singing and dancing and moving on...this is just a little bump in the road for you and the way you are going you're smoothing out the bumb. I love you to pieces. Watch out for the fan on the ceiling while you're dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you, told you, told you......................................NOW, time to make some changes to what got you here in the first place!!!!!!!!! Oh, and one of them involves you comin' out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Such awesome news!! Love you so much! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and you're an inspiration to me - sounds like we have similiar circumstance yet quite different. Mine has been an extreme roller coaster ride with a final diagnosis of Stage IIIa - thoracotomy with lobeectomy and now chemotherapy. I would love to follow your blog and invite you to do the same with me - God Bless - http://jennifertothwingsofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer! Thank you! I appreciate the comment, I really appreciate the follow! I'm following your blog and... I put a link to your blog from mine... Hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete